Saturday, January 2, 2010

Recovering "vegetarian" Tackles Huge Piece of Beef. . .

A little thyme
some carrotts
salt, pepper, thyme, sage and dry mustard
the big, scary beef
where's the beef? (I couldn't resist) It's under all the onions!
Millions of years later. . .
So I had this amazing brisket at a dinner party a few months ago and have been itching to make it ever since.  The catch is this is like the 3rd time in my life that I've cooked beef. . . and this was quite the chunk of red, bloody, fatty beef when I got it.  I was very intimidated.  But I persevered, and became quite accustomed to hacking bits of fat off the dripping hunk of beef, ugh.  After I rubbed it with seasoning, covered it with onions and guinness and baked it for like 5 hours my house smelled so good. . .
One thing to know about this recipe. . . it takes 5-6 on day one, and about 2 on day2. .. so if  you want to try it plan accordingly.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails