Friday, December 18, 2009

What to do with leftover Tassie filling





I made up another batch of Pecan Tassies yesterday. . . mostly due to a certain 4 year old who feels that tons of cookies in the house means you can eat them whenever your mother is not looking. . . but I digress.  This time I put less filling in them, and they were so much easier to get out of the pan, so that's good.  I had about 1/3 of a cup of leftover filling, and I am far too thrifty to throw that away.  I also had about  a canteloupe sized ball of brioche dough in my fridge that needed to be used, so I rolled a little of that out and braided it over the filling..  . wish I had taken a picture of how easy that is because it sounds hard, but really there's not even any braiding involved.  I'll take a picture when I do it again.  Then I baked it.  It is soo good, reminds me of really good Polish nut bread.  I used the rest of the dough to make brioche rolls, which the kids subsequently slathered in Nutella and ate for breakfast.  Now that I put the pictures up you can really see how lame the braid is, it can actually look quite good if you're not making it for no reason early in the morning and don't really care what it looks like.  Also, don't be lazy like me - use egg wash on brioche. . . the shine will make all the difference.  The brioche is from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day Brioche Recipe.  This is a wonderful and versatile recipe, I'll put up a bunch of other things to do with the dough later.  It's so easy to make that my 4 year old usually does the mixing. . . I break the eggs and melt the butter and we're set.  It makes wonderful special occasion rolls, sticky buns, spinach and feta braids, danish, oh the possibilities. . .

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails