Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pimento Cheese Toasts

pimento cheese toast
“So, I made appetizers for you and me.  We’re not having dinner.”  This was how I greeted my friend Amy the other day.  I was right, we had apps and dessert. . .. and we were almost sick.  The appetizers I made were these pimento cheese toasts from Gourmet magazine that I had at a brunch the other day.  It’s worth skipping the meal so you can eat more than 3 of them.    If you want your guests to actually eat dinner make sure that there’s only one or two per person.  Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
DSC_0007
The mixture, I grated the cheese  finely, because I can’t read directions
DSC_0009
Ready to go in the oven

Pimento Cheese Toasts
from epicurious.com (Gourmet Magazine R.I.P.)
  • 10 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar, coarsely grated (4 cups)
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup finely diced bottled roasted red pepper (rinse and pat dry first)
  • 1 baguette
    Preheat broiler.
    Stir together all ingredients, except baguette, plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper and salt to taste.
    Slice baguette crosswise 1/3 inch thick and spread bread thickly with cheese mixture. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until cheese is bubbling and browned, about 2 minutes.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails